Social and Emotional Intelligence Coaching for Teams and Individuals
While a team coaching process is described below, I use the same process, incorporate the same tools and provide a comparable amount of personalized support in individual coaching.
Phase 1: Establishing Your Team’s Specific Needs
To lay the groundwork for the coaching, I’ll meet one-on-one with you to learn more about your organization, explore the current situation and define what you would like for your team and the organization to change or gain by cultivating Social and Emotional Intelligence.
To begin coaching your team, I’ll ask each member to take a Social + Emotional Intelligence Profile®, most often the 360 version, to assess each individual’s strengths and areas for development and to establish a clear baseline for how the team fares across the competencies. The 360 version of the profile provides an opportunity for each team member’s supervisor, peers, direct reports and clients to provide feedback in addition to the individual’s self-assessment. The profile measures 26 distinct Social and Emotional Intelligence competencies and offers immediate insights into strengths and potential areas for development, so we can target the team member’s most important areas for development.
Phase 2: Coaching Your Team
Next I work with each member of your team to create an individual coaching plan to develop their Social and Emotional Intelligence competency. In coaching sessions I’ll work with them on key relationship management skills.
- Conflict Management: Negotiating and resolving disagreements
- Intentionality: Thinking and acting “on purpose” and deliberately
- Stress Management and Resilience: Working calmly under stress and pressure, with perseverance and diligence in the face of setbacks
- Emotional Self-Control: Keeping destructive emotions in check
- Inspirational Leadership: Motivating, guiding and mobilizing individuals and groups, articulating a clear, compelling and motivating vision for the future
- Powerful Influencing Skills: motivating others by using dialogue as a management tool as well as by persuading and negotiating more effectively
- Building Trust and Bonds: Nurturing and maintaining relationships, cultivating a wide network, connecting with others on a deeper rather than superficial level
- Team Work: Building powerful teams and a healthy, collaborative work culture
- And more
I’ll also provide tip sheets, worksheets and all the tools people need to accelerate self-awareness, their awareness of others and to manage their social and emotional and behavioral responses in challenging situations.
Because each team has different needs and behavioral change takes time, the length of a coaching program may vary from team to team or even from team member to team member. That said, 6 months is the average length of time needed to fully cultivate Social and Emotional Intelligence skills.
Enhance Your Team’s Ability to Be Agile, Intentional and Effective
Email me or call me at 601-362-8288 to take a personalized look at how Social and Emotional Intelligence coaching will support you and your team.