10 Perspectives on Teamwork
Teams, we all work on them in one shape or fashion. Even if you are a sole-entrepreneur, you still rely on others to be successful. Here are 10 quotes on teamwork. Sometimes another person’s words are the ones you need to help everyone on your team understand your perspective of teamwork.
1. “Unity is strength... when there is teamwork and collaboration, wonderful things can be achieved.” Mattie Stepanek, Peace Activist and Poet
2. “To me, teamwork is the beauty of our sport, where you have five acting as one. You become selfless.” -Mike Krzyzewski, Duke University Basketball Coach
3. “You know how sports teach kids teamwork and how to be strong and brave and confident? Improv was my sport. I learned how to not waffle and how to hold a conversation, how to take risks and actually be excited to fail.” -Emma Stone, Actress
4. “It takes two flints to make a fire.” -Louisa May Alcott, Author
5. “We will try to create conditions where persons could come together in a spirit of teamwork, and exercise to their heart's desire their technological capacity.” Akio Morita, Co-Founder of Sony
6. “The thing I really love about film is there's a really big sense of teamwork, and everyone has to do their job to the best of their ability to make the film work in the first place.” -Sarah Snook, Actress
7. No one can whistle a symphony. It takes a whole orchestra to play it. -HE Luccock, Professor
8. “Great teams do not hold back with one another. They are unafraid to air their dirty laundry. They admit their mistakes, their weaknesses, and their concerns without fear of reprisal.” -Patrick Lencioni, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable
9. “You may have the right idea to work on, you may have the right time to start, you may have the right resources to boost, BUT unless you have the right people, you'll never succeed...” -Rateb Rayyes
10. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” -Helen Keller, Pioneer and Hero
What is your favorite quote about teamwork?
Deirdre Danahar is an executive coach and organizational consultant helping high performing people and teams be forward-thinking, enhance performance and improve their bottom line by making themselves and their communities better. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.